Welcome to WP Puppet Theatre! Get ready to explore, create and learn, all through the power of puppetry.
Weekend, single day and half day registration now available: register today!
Would you like to make a few EXTRA BUCKS and support the power of puppetry at the same time? You are invited to become a Puppet Power Conference Affiliate!
For each person you refer you will receive 15% of the ticket value – that’s approximately $60 for a full registration (Sat + Sun), $33 for Saturday single ticket, and $27 for Sunday single ticket – payment will be made after the conference via Paypal. >click for more information
Saturday Morning at a Glance
The Saturday morning half day line-up includes: Welcome program, Keynote Speaker Karrie Marshall, and breakout sessions (panels and talks) to choose from.
Five Questions with Marla Limousin, Presenter at Puppet Power 2016 :: Connecting Generations Conference
How do you connect generations and/or communities with puppetry?
“Puppetry becomes a medium that generations can connect. In the communities that I have worked in, we have connected artists, youth and Elders to create a common work. I have always focused on the classics so to speak. The Classics are the legends and they are so engaging on so many levels. They teach and entertain at the same time. Some legends explain the world around you, some scare the heck out of you and other are just there to entertain. Through visuals we can interpret language in a 3D format.”
51 Providence Blvd SE, Calgary (Formerly 146 Av SE)
*Apart from the opening reception, viewing of the exhibition should be made by appointment to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Become a Board Member!
• You believe in what we do and think you have something to offer.
• There are fun chances for hands on participation.
• Volunteer experience, especially on a Board of Directors, is valuable for the resume.
• Great opportunity for networking and making connections
• Attend regular board meetings—every twi months—training provided.
• Participate in some committee work.
• Time commitment is an average of seven hours per month.
• Actively promote the work of WP Puppet Theatre in the community.Submit your resume and a brief statement of interest to Wendy Passmore-Godfrey, Artistic Director at email@example.com. A phone and live interview follows.
WP Puppet Theatre is a touring company and we offer:
- School programsto book including performances in English and in French, residencies and workshops, professional development and a puppets on the go program ready to ship anywhere in Alberta
- Community programsto book for festivals, camps, and events including performances, drop-by workshops, or puppets on the go. We are also involved in many community engagement projects like View from the Inside
- Puppet Power Conference: registration is now open for Puppet Power 2016 (May 27-29): Connecting Generations, and we have a call for proposals for Puppet Portfolios
- Public performances and programs that are open to the public including Puppet Pop-Up Studio, our monthly puppet making and moving workshop for family members of all ages
WP Puppet E-News – click to subscribe!