Why the Rabbit’s Nose Wiggles, Pigs in a Canoe and other Watery Stories, and our French language version, Petits Cochons dans un Canot, are available for bookings for schools, festivals and community events. Use our online form to book a show or contact Wendy Passmore-Godfrey for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org or 403.228.3373.
Pigs in a Canoe and other Watery Stories
Hilarious stories, historical anecdotes, fascinating facts, interactive songs, sayings and axioms explore humankind’s intricate relationship with water. Told with a variety of unique puppets this show will inspire both thinking and laughing.
“It was amazing how the show touched on so many areas in the curriculum, from social studies to science, music and language arts, and the students were engaged the whole time!” – Barb (teacher)
- Includes this online study guide: Pigs_in_a_Canoe_Study_Guide with activities to enrich the learning experience
- Multiple core curricula links such as art, drama, music, social studies, language arts and science
- Available in English OR French
- Ideal for grades k‐ 6, or families, running time: 45 minutes.
- Performance Fee: Please inquire
- Maximum 150-200 people
- Running time: Approximately 50 minutes with Q&A following
- Performed by: Wendy Passmore-Godfrey
- Show requirements: Performance area 20 x 18 feet, powers for small sound system OR plug into house sound, 90 minute set up and 60 minute strike. Click for Technical Rider for full details.
Video by Ron Serna – Motion Soup Studios
Puppet show offering education
Okotoks: Calgary company addresses water issues in a playful light
by Tammy Rollie, Okotoks Western Wheel, November 25, 2015
Calgary puppeteers hope to heighten the imaginations of children and adults alike with humourous stories, historical anecdotes and fascinating songs this week. > read more
Why the Rabbit’s Nose Wiggles
Students watch the first part of this charming folk tale, then create their own paper sculpture puppets, and then finish the story together with everyone’s puppets.
- ideal for for grades K-2 and families
- running time 60 minutes