Call for Volunteers for Research Study:
We are looking for folks aged 55+ to join us for art-making, story-telling and feedback.
VIEW from the Inside: Courage Journey is an award-winning program where participants make a self-portrait-based puppet which becomes a ‘nuanced artifact with legacy themes’. The outside of the puppet represents the ‘public face’, the inside the ‘private’ face, attachments connect to the world and memories; it all comes together in celebratory ‘performative-reflections’.
“Everything was special, the whole thing. It made you accept yourself, all sides… love yourself,
plus it was great to meet all the other people in the class”
WP Puppet Theatre with the Sheridan Centre for Elder Research, is undertaking research that will focus on different domains of well-being. The researchers will explore participants’ growth in resilience, sense of community, self-reflection and voice for their stories.
We are very pleased and grateful to have Rozsa Foundation provide funding support for this initiative.
Requirements for Participation:
- Age 55+
- Tuesdays from April 12 – May 31 10:00 am -11:15 am MST
- No previous art experience is necessary
- A computer or tablet
- Zoom application (we provide support for set up)
- Must attend all eight ONLINE sessions
- Permission to record sessions for research purposes
- Completion of pre/post surveys
- Willingness to share ideas and learn new skills
- No fee to participate, no payment to participants
To respond to our Call for Volunteers for Research Study
Contact Barb.English (at) wppuppet.com
VIEW from the Inside is funded by donations, sponsorships, or grants. Your support will create opportunities for people to experience improved mental health and community connection by taking part in VIEW without barrier.