Full instructions on how to participate are below the video.
We are marking Canada’s 150th Anniversary of Confederation in 2017, with a special puppet project that seeks to connect people of all cultures, celebrate the land and remember our Canadian values of generosity and courage. As a member of the global community, Canada has connections all over the world. Therefore WP Puppet Theatre is inviting puppeteers everywhere to join our Canada 150 project.
We are creating a community video of a modern-day story about Canada’s new (unofficial) avian emblem – the Gray Jay. One hundred and fifty local, national and international, amateur and professional puppeteers of all ages, and their puppets, will read and film the story, one line at a time. One line for each year!
Join the Fun but act fast – DUE October 31 2017
- Email email@example.com to express your interest.
- We’ll send you the line to record AND a photo release form.
- Sign and return the Photo release.
- Record with your phone or camera, your puppet saying the line. You can say it in English or translate it into any language. Make sure your phone is recording in the horizontal (not vertical) position.
- Upload the video on YouTube and select ‘ unlisted’.
- Name the video: GRAY JAY LINE # _____. In the description please print the line like in the sample below.
- Send us the Youtube link to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have read the line in another language other than English, please send the written translation of the line AND what language it is in.
- ALSO send us your website/social media links so we can thank and promote you.
We will do a world première screening on Nov. 26th. After that, we will post the story – scene by scene over the next weeks finishing on December 31 2017. Sign up for our e-newsletter to be notified of the schedule and links or follow us on social media.