- This event has passed.
Caws & Effect: Shadow Puppet Performance
November 19 @ 7:00 pm - 8:15 pm MST$27.12
Caws & Effect: Shadow Puppet Performance – In Person or available Livestream
In Caws & Effect: Shadow Puppet Performance, the Crows are re-dreaming the world. Is the future all it’s cracked up to be?
Saturday November 19th, 2022 Program of Events (times listed in Mountain Time)
- 11:00 – 12:30 pm – Workshop – TBA – Mind of a Snail – In-Person at Cspace OR Livestream
- 2:00 – 3:00 pm – Online Talk/Panel – TBA – Online via Zoom (included with performance / workshop ticket purchase)
- 7:00 – 8:15 pm – Performance – Caws & Effect – Shadow Puppet Performance – In Person at Cspace or available Livestream
Caws & Effect is a modern fable is told using handmade layered projections, puppetry, masks, and an original musical score.
Mind of a Snail is a shadow puppetry duo currently based out of Vancouver, BC. Their large scale shadow puppetry is quirky, colourful and beautiful, like early animation performed live before your eyes.
★★★★★ “a gorgeous and wondrous work of art” -CBC
★★★★★ “a fantastical, unique experience” -Torontoist
★★★★★ “Calling it shadow puppetry doesn’t do this incredible show justice” -Edmonton Sun
★★★★★ “it’s stunning and hilarious to witness the wizardry these two artists spin with such simple elements” -Vue Weekly
“Through layered cut-paper projections, puppetry, masks and an original score, Chloé Ziner and Jessica Gabriel create a whimsical live-action storybook that’s mesmerizing. In their hands, craft materials become enterprising earthworms and beating crows wings and starry galaxies and post-apocalyptic cityscapes strewn with garbage. The ingenuity and artistry on display is breathtaking.” -Winnipeg Free Press
Since 2003, Mind of a Snail duo, Chloé Ziner and Jessica Gabriel, have been developing a multi-layered style of visual storytelling using overhead projectors. Created in 2014, “Caws & Effect” has won awards at Festivals in Winnipeg, Vancouver, London ON, Saskatoon, Toronto, Edmonton & Orlando. This show has also delighted audiences in many other communities across Canada, USA and Taiwan.
- Doors open at 6:30 pm MT
- RUN TIME: 55 minutes, no intermission followed by 15-20 minute artist talk back
- Recommended for ADULTS & CHILDREN AGES 7 AND UP!
- Tickets sold at the door (if available)
- If fees or technology are a barrier to attending, please contact.