ARE YOU A GRADE 1-4 TEACHER? HOMESCHOOL PARENT? SHADOW PUPPET CURIOUS?
WP Puppet Theatre is Piloting our 1st Online Course: “Playing with Shadows”
SIGN UP & PILOT OUR COURSE FOR FREE!
SIGN UP HERE!
Testing Begins Mid March 2020
Appropriate for beginners with learning outcomes linked to Grade 4 science curriculum as well as curricula in other grades and subjects.
- Interactive slide deck walks learners through experimenting and playing with shadow and light concepts
- Dozens of hints, ideas and instruction leads learners to create their own simple shadow puppet play
- Step by Step illustrated guide to make a shadow puppet
- How to Video on manipulation and how to use a shadow puppet
- Assessments and rational for teachers use for funding
- Learn basic principles and techniques to make and manipulate a shadow puppet
- Understand sharing and cooperation are needed to present a performance, and other drama production principles
- Respond to text, create original text, present, share, enhance and improve presentation skills
- Experiment with the properties of light and shadows, as identified in the curriculum for the Grade 4 Science Unit Light and Shadow
Additional ideas and lesson plans for using shadow puppets to scaffold further learning, are provided with the course, in subsequent instalments.
Course leaders will be asked to complete an evaluation and provide feedback as part of the testing.