WP Puppet Theatre Professional Development workshops build skills and provide inspiration on how to use the power of puppetry in any setting. Any of our Professional Development programs can be adapted to be made suitable for professionals who work with children—classroom teachers, play-school workers, recreational therapists, Brownie leaders, students and more. We can also design custom programs to meet your specific needs.
Our award winning workshop presenter and Artistic Director, Wendy Passmore-Godfrey has over twenty five years of experience.
Why professional development with puppets?
- Provides increased understanding of the child. Children often reveal more information about their thoughts and feelings when playing with a puppet—about their home, concerns, fears and wishes.
- Enables you to see differently. In participating in puppet play you may strengthen your relationship with the child. You become a teller of tales—a magic maker!
- Enhances your own creativity. Regardless of whether you have used puppets for a long time or are new, you will discover hidden talents as an artist, performer or educator.
- Provides alternative learning experiences. Equal importance must be given to the major areas of growth and development: cognitive, social, emotional and physical aspects of the individual. Puppets can integrate into all these areas allowing your students to encourage and build these skills.
- Provides an atmosphere of fun! For you and your kids!
“Wow! Fabulous—lots of great ideas for the classroom that are practical and yet full of ‘adventure’!” – Joyce (teacher)