I had a great time at CTV Morning Live a couple of weeks ago.
Many thanks to Joelle and the crew for inviting me on to talk about my favourite subject – puppets!
Here’s a few tips for Puppets DIY in case they’re useful:
- Enjoy the process and don’t worry about a pattern or a finished product!
- Try for some small projects with quick success and some multi day projects.
- Put out all sorts of materials – shiny, colourful, up-cycled, natural, you never know what the puppet design will need.
- Get inspired with memes, jokes, poems, family photo albums, short stories or fables.
- Be an audience and buy a ticket to the show from behind the couch
- Take video or photos and send to grandparent – give the child a chance to bring joy to someone else.
Create a little puppet that has lots of questions (i.e.: about Covid-19).
Name it “Why”. The child can inform the puppet and be the expert. Reverse roles.
Think that if a the little puppet can handle all this topsy- turvy time – so can I!
Here’s the LINK to my early morning interview.
Follow WPTS some of my favourite puppet project ideas!
Sign up for our newsletter for even more DIY ideas