1 American dollar is currently* about $1.42 Canadian which means Americans can enjoy a 30% “discount” in Canada. The registration fee to Puppet Power 2016 :: Connecting Generations Conference, at the early bird rate (until Feb 29th) is $CAN 350, approximately $US 246! Apply for a bursary and you’re looking at around $US 141!
* as of Jan 21, 2016. > click for a currency converter for the most updated exchange rates
Of course, there are many other fantastic reasons to come to the Puppet Power Conference:
- The conference of course! Learn, play, and galvanize with inspiring presenters like Eric Bass of Sandglass Theatre, Karrie Marshall of Creativity Care from Scotland, or Sharon Bayly from Vancouver, hands-on workshops, and stimulating panel talks.
- Award winning scenery – where much of The Revenant was filmed (minus the snow)! If you have a chance to stay a little longer, Calgary is a short trip away from Kananaskis, Banff and Lake Louise.
- Calgary! The conference and hotel are downtown and within walking distance to the river pathway and Calgary’s iconic Peace Bridge, the Glenbow Museum, Calgary’s top galleries, shops, and restaurants, the historic Stephen Avenue pedestrian street and historic Inglewood district, and many more attractions. Conference attendees can also go to (or participate in) a Dolly Wiggler Friday night or Saturday night with a WP Puppet Theatre preferred rate.
- Accommodations: WP Puppet Theatre has secured a discounted rate (available until April 26th) with the Delta Bow Valley Hotel ($CAN 129 or approximately $US 90)