We’re looking for volunteers who:
- believe in what we do
- like to have fun and want the opportunity for hands on participation
- enjoy networking and making connections
- like seeing people smile
Join our Board of Directors
We are looking for board members with a passion for puppetry, the arts and community issues, such as mental health and wellness, education, climate action, hope and human agency, diversity and inclusion. A broad network of business and community connections would be an asset. There are fun opportunities for hands on participation and also advisory roles in programming, marketing or governance.
Specifically, we invite our Board members to serve and/or lead sub-committees working on:
• Governance Guidelines and Training manual development
• Event planning – Puppet Power conferences
• Budget and Finance review
• Sponsorship and Donation research and implementation
• Strategic succession planning
Our board members are expected to:
- Attend regular board meetings (every 2 months)
- Time commitment is an average of 10 hours per month
- Actively promote the work of WP Puppet Theatre in the community
Other Volunteer Opportunities
- Video editor
- Casino volunteer
- Committee member for the Puppet Power Conference
- Puppet Pop-Up helpers
We also accept donations
- Materials—anything we can use to make puppets! Office supplies, crafting items, wood, paint, ephemera etc.
- Food and refreshments for our volunteers at performances and workshops
We are committed to a policy of diversity and encourage persons of any race, creed, colour, age, sex, religion or national origin to apply.
Please submit your resume and a brief statement of interest
Attn: Wendy Passmore-Godfrey, Artistic Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.