Volunteer with Us! Do you have a passion for puppetry, the arts and community issues, such as mental health and wellness, education, climate action, hope and human agency, diversity and inclusion?
Join our Board of Directors
- Opportunity to use your skills to impact positive social change
- Hands-on volunteer opportunities
- Connect with other like-minded individuals
- Board level experience in a Charitable Not for Profit Organization
We ask our Board members to:
- Help out with hands on community puppet programs like Maker Faire and our Pop Ups.
- Help plan special events such as our Puppet Power: Festival of Ideas
- Give us leads and introductions to opportunities, partners, allies, sponsors and donors
- Help us embed Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Accessibility in our organization policies and operations
- Share their advice and experience in programming, marketing and governance
- Get involved in special projects as they come up.
Other legal board member duties include:
- Regular attendance at Board meetings and fully informed on WPTS operations
- Our Board of Directors is the legal authority for W.P. Puppet Theatre Society. Members act in a position of trust for the community, and oversees the effective governance of the organization
- We ask for a monthly time commitment of approximately 4-6 hours. Preferred Board term is 2-3 years,
Sign up for our e:news to find out about other Volunteer Opportunities such as:
- Video editor
- Casino volunteer
- Committee member for the Puppet Power Conference
- Event facilitator
- Program reviewer
We are committed to a policy of diversity and encourage persons of any race, creed, colour, age, sex, religion or national origin to apply.
Please submit your resume and a brief statement of interest
Attn: Wendy Passmore-Godfrey, Artistic Director at email@example.com